2.27 pm, Wed Jan 28, 2015. Seat 64, Coach 14 – Somewhere under the English Channel.
Yes, it’s true, I’m currently typing underwater. Held my breath as I left London – Hoping to make it to Paris.
In this edition:
1) Studio Clear-Out Sale. For One Day Only! Sunday Feb 8, 12 – 6 pm.
2) Pic of the Month – ‘Jeanne d’Arc’, Paris, France, 2015
3) From the Archives – ‘Yellow Pole’, Brighton, UK, circa 2008
4) Random Stuff – French artist, Helene Rajcak.
1) Studio Clear-Out Sale: It’s Time folks. After 6 years based at The Abbotsford Convent, I’m setting sail for the Big Apple…(Isle) – that’s right…Tassie! For those unaware of where she lays, she’s about as far from the beautiful mad world as possible, amidst beautiful wild wilderness. Next stop Antarctica! So I’m having a massive sale of photographic images to share the past and raise funds for the future. All welcome so feel free to spread the word.
Prices: Discounted by up to 50%. Some below cost. Prices from as little as $5 up to $995.
When? Sunday Feb 8, 12 – 6 pm.
What’s for Sale? – Visit the gallery to see a selection of what’s on offer, including:
- Limited Edition exhibition prints from all my previous exhibitions;
- Non-editioned prints from small projects and random shoots;
- Test prints;
- Prints on acrylic and Prints on stone;
- Copies of prints held by The State Library of Victoria and other permanent collections;
- Frames, big and small.
- And also some prints from my Kimberley colleague, Hunter G. Remember this image?…
Where? Studio C2:48, 2nd Floor, Main Convent Building, Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers St, Abbotsford. Refer Google Map or Melways Map 44 G5. And check out this fantabulous convent building map…(click to enlarge/download)…
And if you’re still having trouble navigating the nuns’ maze after you arrive, call me on 0410 757 202 from your near-but-far wilderness location and I’ll guide you in.
A sincere thanks to everyone who has been part of this intriguing wild ride over the past 6-odd years (sometimes with the emphasis on odd). I hope you can make it down to say hello, goodbye and buy, buy, buy!
2) Pic of the Month – ‘Jeanne d’Arc’. Paris, France, 2015
3) From the Archive – ‘Yellow Pole’. Brighton, England, circa 2008.
4) Random Stuff – check out the work of wunderbar French artist, Helene Rajcak, who makes wonderful drawings for children’s books, paintings for exhibitions, and other stuff too.
Thanks for listening & I hope to see you drop by the studio for the last hurrah on Feb 8.
With love and best wishes. Bye for now,
p.s. If you feel so inclined you can ‘FOLLOW’ this blog by clicking the FOLLOW button (towards the top RHS of page) to receive notification when I update it with new happenings, newsletters and random observations.
Copyright Charlie Sublet (except where noted otherwise).